Tuesday, February 22, 2011

weekly blog: Alex Varanese

     As a student and admirer of other designer's work I frequently look at professional portfolio's to get inspiration. I think I get a lot better at design when I look at tons of it. I get more ideas and most of all I can start to break down what programs or methods are being used to create different elements in pieces of design or illustration that I really like. 
     This is Alex Varanese. I first saw his work in a tutorial in the magazine entitled "Advanced Photoshop."
He's really good with type and his color scheme is reminiscent of Shepard Fairey. This particular piece was created for a microbrewery in Brooklyn that is on a mission to create the perfect beer. It was displayed in Playboy. And the article was called "Beer Wars."

1 comment: